Aberfield was appointed by MindMate, a website that provides mental health and wellbeing resources for young people in Leeds, to create and deliver an offline PR campaign.
Our key goals were to:
- Raise awareness of the support services available for young people, their parents and carers, and healthcare professionals
- Create campaign resources with a lasting legacy
- Increase traffic to the website
We produced A3 posters for each of the key audiences. We worked with the MindMate ambassadors - a group of young people based in Leeds, who share their experiences of mental health and promote the work of MindMate - to create messaging that would appeal to those in their age group.
We developed partnerships with organisations that would reach our target audience and give us the opportunity to create a lasting legacy. In particular, our partnerships with Leeds Rhinos and Leeds United helped MindMate to reach a young, male audience and the partnership with First Bus Group reached a large audience across Leeds.
The partnerships included stadium advertising, bus advertising, MindMate’s presence at events and PR activity.
Our Capital FM partnership featured DAX advertising, a targeted audio advert served in platforms such as Soundcloud, Deezer, Stitcher and AudioBoom.
Our PR activity included interviews with local press and two MindMate Ambassadors around their mental health stories and experiences. The interviews were featured on Heart Radio, Yorkshire Post, Yorkshire Evening Post and Leeds Live.
Directly engaging with our target audiences, we worked with the MindMate Ambassadors on a city-wide tour of Leeds, with an eye-catching 70s-style campervan named Dougal. As part of the activity we had a MindMate-branded bench that was later displayed in St John’s Shopping Centre’s garden.
- Reached almost 14m people
- Achieved 15 pieces of local media coverage
- Increased new users to the website by 39%
- Increased web sessions by 33%
- Achieved an increase of 44% of 18 to 24-year-old male visitors to the website
- Established high-profile partnerships with a lasting legacy with Leeds United, Leeds Rhinos, First Bus and Capital FM
- DAX audio advert heard 140,000 times
- Directly engaged with 40,000 people through MindMate in the City activity