- DVD and games rental chain Blockbuster closes down completely. Expect tributes and plenty of comment on the state of the high street.
- UK monthly inflation figures are published.
- Sotheby's in Paris is raffling a Picasso painting (worth more than a million dollars) for charity, Brad Pitt celebrates his 50th birthday (hands up to be a kissagram!) and the UK monthly unemployment figures are published.
- It's the 150th anniversary of the first ever Football Association match, Barnes v Richmond, and 'The Harry Hill Movie' has its world premiere in Leicester Square.
- Derry-Londonderry UK City of Culture 2013 closes with 'The Relief of Derry Symphony', and it's the 'Text Santa' annual live charity appeal on ITV.
- On the 25th
anniversary of the Lockerbie bombings, there will be a series of low-key memorial events, beginning with an ecumenical outdoor memorial at the cemetery.
It's also the Strictly final. A fond farewell to the fabulous sequins and Brucie's less than fabulous gags.
And it's Winter Solstice - the shortest day of the year.
- The Official Christmas Number 1 single will be announced on BBC Radio 1, and it's the 70th anniversary of the death of author Beatrix Potter.
Back to news