- Several ultra-designer Christmas trees from the likes of Louis Vuitton and Jean-Paul Gaultier will be auctioned in Paris, and the UK's first 'social supermarket' opens in Yorkshire, selling
cut-price stock from major chains - which would otherwise be thrown away - to a select 500 low-income 'members'.
- A memorial service for Nelson Mandela will be held at the FNB Stadium near Johannesburg, before his state funeral the following Sunday.
And it's World Human Rights Day. No doubt Angelina Jolie will grab some headlines.
- David Cameron hosts the first G8 Dementia Summit, and Philip Schofield mans The Sun Military Awards, both in London.
- The three finalists for Young Sports Personality of the Year will be announced, and it's the British Comedy Awards, hosted by Jonathan Ross.
- Unlucky for some. Hopefully not the latest Hobbit film, which is being released today.
- London Santacon 2013, a mass gathering of people dressed as Father Christmas.
- Sports Personality of the Year 2013, and this time it's extra special because the ceremony is being held in Leeds. Contenders for the 60th BBC award, including Mo Farah and Andy Murray, will descend on the new first direct Arena.
And it's The X Factor Final, if you're still watching. Is anyone?
Back to news